Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy

 
After one month of Mirapex I visited my neurologist, Dr. V. Thankfully, he made little comment about my delay of 8 months between his writing a prescription and my taking the medication. I resisted taking medication longer than that, and now I feel rather guilty at times for giving in. Yet, I am happier now that I can again do things, and though perhaps some of these things are not productive towards healing myself (still my goal), they at least allow me to feel I am contributing.
            For instance, I am cooking more. I joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and every week pick up large quantities of produce from the farm, at this time of year a lot of greens. So, I clean and stem bunches of kale or collards and fix nourishing recipes to entice lovers and haters of vegetables.
            I have worked more in the garden and this year have a tidy and lush garden, a quite inspiring place.
            Instead of asking the men about the house to clean or do chores, I have been able to assume more tasks. Washing dishes isn’t the excruciating, time-consuming job it was before the medication.
            I can write again, and fill out the endless forms for camp.
I can forget my glasses at the other end of the house and think nothing of walking back to get them.
If it sounds as though I am touting the glories of medication, and in a way I am. It is like a miracle. If in the long run it turns out this was a big mistake I’ll be sorry, but for now, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...