Monday, May 20, 2013

Lessons from the Wheel


Its not easy learning how to throw on the wheel. I have been trying to learn - I've put it off long enough. But it takes time to learn this skill. For me it seems an unreasonably long time. That's why I always gave up in the past.  

So I have had to ease up on the idea of perfection with this media. The clay like some wise old sage instructing me calmly, immovably to master my impatience, to curb my worry, to learn "the ways of the clay" as it spins and spins on the wheel.

I can only control it with the utmost attention, focus and sensitivity. Like a living being, it is.

Oh Yoda, help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...