Monday, September 10, 2018

In the Chi Field





All summer I have continued to practice Wisdom Healing qigong as taught by Mingtong Gu. I practiced on a cruise in Alaska's Glacier Bay, in a cousin's apartment in London, in an inn on Block Island, and at home, in time completing a "100 day Gong." This "gong" meant I practiced every day and if I missed a day, I would have to double the practice time the next day. If I missed two in a row I would have to start over. I finished the 100 days in late August.





Alaska



My resolution or promise for this gong was to do the preliminary practice called "Awaken Vitality," a sequence of exercises. After learning it by heart I could practice it anywhere, hearing Mingtong's voice in my head, and giving it as much attention as I could.




Block Island





Sometimes I rushed through or my mind was elsewhere, sometimes I was focused and had a more deep experience, and sometimes I practiced along with a recording of Mingtong's that slowed me down and challenged me with more repetitions of individual exercises.















London



My goal was to establish this as a habit, and in that I have been successful. At the end of the day I don't feel quite right unless I have practiced.  My long term goal is total healing of my body. To do this Bianca Molle says she did three hours a day of Wisdom Healing practice including movements, meditation and sound healing. I want to continue, to add new practices, and to increase the time I do the practice.





One of Mingong's students who has become a teacher was offering an online course for not much money. I had liked Vivi when she was an assistant teacher at retreat, her guided meditations and incredible energy and stamina impressed me very much. I completed her short class of four three-hour sessions and some coaching sessions. I asked her via computer what she thought I should do next, and she said, meditate on it. I could intuit the best step that was right for me.

So I have started a new gong, added meditation and sound healing, and also a new series of movements called "Lift Chi Up Pour Chi Down." The LCUPCD is a slow, meditative, standing sequence, not as strenuous as the AV practice, but more subtle, fluid and linear. The arms direct chi into "gates" in the body, places where energy enters the body as in the Baihui, the top of the head, or is stored as in the Dantian, the center of the abdomen.

And what results have I seen? Ah, they are subtle. I do think my symptoms have remained stable and not progressed, my medications have been slightly reduced, and I have an increased connection to my body. I can feel sensations in my body from focusing on areas including specific organs like my brain or heart and an overall awareness of energy within and without my body - the subtle energy.

I have a long way to go, but am hopeful. I am working on it, and sticking with it. That's an accomplishment for me. Stick-with-it-ness has not been my strong point always.

Home 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...