Sunday, March 31, 2013

Last Day

It's the end of three weeks. I can go back to three meals a day tomorrow if I want to. What are the results? I have lost weight - about 20 lbs over the 7 weeks since I went off wheat. I look better, I think I look younger. Those are nice things. And the Parkinson's? Still there.

I did not really expect recovery, but what can be expected is greater stamina, energy, health, vigor, those kind of things. Am I energetic? Well, today I shopped for groceries, worked in the garden, organized the shed, made a marker drawing, fixed dinner for others (I had a smoothie which I also had to make) and got my ipad email working again. The last was particularly grueling - ha!

Was it all accomplished effortlessly? No. By dinner time I was dragging my feet around. After my blueberry smoothie and a pleasant chat with my family, I felt better.

I hope I'll not swing back into my old ways. I do intend to continue eating whole foods, and less of the "bad" foods. Fortunately I have the Suppers group now to give support in the fight against food addictions and bad habits. I will post a photo of myself to compare with the photo taken in February in Santa Fe.



 Pictures don't lie. So any difference?



                                                    



1 comment:

  1. Hi Elisa,
    Just found your blog and having a loved one with PD, I decided to follow. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
    All the best,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...