Friday, October 8, 2010

Brain Stimulation


Another visit to Dr. K and two more exercises and these are for my eyes. I have to paint a strip of cloth with blocks of red or orange and white. Henry is to pass it quickly by my eyes while I look at each of the colored blocks. In another exercise, I move my head while looking at a spot on the wall. I can’t remember how these are going to help me. Not that he didn’t try to explain.
Dr. K explains quite a bit -- about the brain, neurons, proteins, the optic nerve, etc., most of which I partially understand at the time then rapidly forget. The main gist of today’s lesson was that we are stimulating the cells of the brain that cause motor movement and creating more connections between the cells.           
            The originator of Dr. K’s theories is a Dr. Carrick*. I may try to look him up to read something and learn more.  I think this work is compatible with the other work I am doing. He agrees with J.J. that the causes of PD are electrical, not chemical. And though my understanding is poor, I have a sense that there is good sound theory in his approach.
            Finding time for the exercises will be challenging.
 
* Ted Carrick, DC, PhD, is the Distinguished PostGraduate Professor of Clinical Neurology at Logan College of Chiropractic, near St. Louis, MO. He is the author of Neurophysiological Implications in Learning, and for 21 years he has had a specialty practice limited to the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders. Dr. Carrick is an active brain researcher, teacher and clinician who attends patients throughout the world. From website: www.carrickinstitute.org           

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I treated myself as having an electrical problem, not a chemical imbalance. I discuss this in my blog. Here is a chant from Dr. Sha that I used, and still use, to stimulate electrical impulses in my brain:
    ling yow chi chi chi joe ling bah,
    ling yow chi chi chi joe ar ar sih sih (sih is like sit without the "t"). I repeat this for 5 minutes, 3 times a day.

    Also, since there were fewer electrical impulses working correctly, I focused on,and visualized the right side of my brain working the right side of my body and the left side of my brain working the left side of my body. Details at http://fightingparkinsonsdrugfree.blogspot.com/2010/04/post-doctor-visit-adjustment-in.html.

    Keep up the fight; you are doing GREAT!
    Howard

    ReplyDelete

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...