Tuesday, November 9, 2010

About Insight


Gaining insights about my life, my family, and myself has been a welcome result of my inner work recently.
I subscribe to the Heartmath Institute’s newsletter. The Institute studies the human heart’s role beyond that of a simple blood circulation pump. It has found that being in attunement to one’s heart waves or “coherence” is the way to achieve a state of ease. The latest email newsletter from the Heartmath Institute was about insight.
If you have an insight about your life they recommend you first appreciate the insight, then appreciate the positive feelings associated with the insight. Next, they suggest you write down and periodically check back on the insight. Finally, you act and make changes in your life influenced by the insight.
This all makes sense, but making a change, as I’ve found, is very difficult to do. Receiving frequent gentle advice from many sources as frequently as possible helps me keep trying.

www.heartmath.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...