Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spirulina & Tango

I started the vitamin/supplement regimen today. Unfortunately, the spirulina and bee pollen don’t mix very well in the juice. The fine, velvety spirulina clings to the spoon and glass and turns the juice a deep blue green. The golden yellow nuggets of the bee pollen either float or sink, and don’t dissolve, only soften. It’s drinkable, tastes fine, but I can imagine it being more palatable in a smoothie.
            I started a second session of tango lessons today. Kerry and Elaine are my teachers. They have taken an interest in tango as a therapy for PD since they met me. They are traveling to St. Louis next week to meet with a researcher on this topic. Perhaps they will start a class especially for PDers when they feel ready. Luba and Norwig were the other pupils today. We practiced the box step and cross step singly and with a partner.
It surprises me that I can dance tango passably well, but can barely walk without stumbling. This proves the point that PD has a psychological component. It is not merely a lack of dopamine in the brain. There is certainly more to it than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...