Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Battle With Time

Although I am not working at a job now, I am nevertheless feeling that I don’t have enough time. The sun is reaching the western horizon and I am crying, “Where has the day gone?” and looking back to see what I’ve accomplished. Usually it is not very much, but it is something. I can’t say I’ve been squandering my precious time.
            The fact is I’m slow. I can tell by looking at others, like my husband Henry. If I ask him to do something for me, maybe chop some vegetables, he seems to zip through the task with amazing speed. I never noticed that before. I plod through the identical task taking three times as long. Was I once speedy like him? I was.
            I’ve been working at not being at odds with time. Not to feel like there must be a lot of crossings off on my to-do list everyday. To know that there are priorities and most other tasks are of negligible importance.
            I’ve tried remembering that time is a human creation, that God and the soul are timeless. If I ponder that I start to drop my antagonism towards time. I would rather work to be really present in the moment, really appreciating my life, and then time would have no significance. 

1 comment:

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...