Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Reason


“People often wonder why their spiritual lives began with an illness or a life trauma; illnesses and life crises are often the ways the soul finally gets through to you to take charge of your life.”
Caroline Myss from Entering the Castle

            My soul has been batting me over the head for some time if what Myss says is true. I have had life crises. Isn’t there a word, “soul-shattering?” I have had crises like that. At each crisis there was an opportunity to draw on the best in myself. I could have changed my life each time, but I don’t think I did. The crisis I have now, my illness, is getting even more personal. It’s not a loved ones death or a shattered relationship, but my own body and its mind, heart and soul that is threatened.
            I find this idea of the soul trying to “get through” inspiring. If everything happens for a reason, then this disease has a reason, and it could in fact be for a good reason.  What if I change my life, what if I find my better self because of it? If I accept the purpose of the disease and fulfill it, might I not lose the need for the disease?            

1 comment:

  1. Elisa,
    I don't know you, but I think you must be a brave person to have written this. I second Howard's suggestion that you read Ch. 45 of Janice's work. I don't have PD, but what I have experienced working with my client has taught me a lot about how to live my own life. Your blog is teaching me a lot, too - I am grateful that you are sharing your path in this way.
    All best wishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...