Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FSR Therapy


Every week I see Sharon for FSR (Forceless Spontaneous Release). She places her hands on either side of a part of my body—usually my right foot or ankle, and holds it gently but firmly until she feels a release of energy in that part of the body. Then she moves her hands to another area. She sometimes holds the same area for most of the hour-long session. Fortunately, she is calm and patient. We usually talk, and I have opened up to her with some very personal stuff.
Sharon is a massage therapist who specializes in Shiatsu. She learned FSR by my request from J.J.’s (Janice Walton-Hadlock) book downloaded from the PD Recovery website.
            According to J.J:
The original cause of Parkinson’s is two-fold. The one of the causes is a perfectly normal foot injury. The second part is dissociation from pain to the extent that the injury cannot heal. This combination leads to permanence of a perfectly logical variation on the normal [energy] channel pattern – a variation that is only supposed to be activated for a short time. This variation should only preside until the injury heals enough for normal Qi flow to resume. In Parkinson’s, the injury never heals because of dissociation.

            The technique of FSR is supposed to heal the old injury and allow the flow of Qi to be corrected. After that there is more work to do, but that is the beginning. The issues that caused there to be dissociation need to be addressed for a complete recovery. J.J. and her PD Team have seen many recoveries since they began their work. I hope I will be one of them.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great. Suggestion -- re-read the parts of the pdf on Adrenaline and Dopamine relationship. Also, I initially missed Chapter 45 as it is not part of the 690-page pdf. In case you did the same, it is important. Best wishes for your recovery. Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisa,
    I found out about your blog through Howard's blog. I am so happy that you two have connected. I am also a shiatsu practitioner and I am working with someone near Boston who has PD (using FSR as well). Thank you for sharing your path via this blog - it helps me so much to learn about what others are going through, thinking about, and trying out. All best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Can I Cope?

Life is change, no getting away from it. And would we want it any different? If nothing ever changed, even the most charmed life could becom...